Ruang Seduh is located at Jl. Tirtodipuran No.46, Mantrijeron, Yogyakarta. Only need 20 minutes to find this coffee shop from Tugu station. Same as their first branch at Kemang, RSJ (Ruang Seduh Jogja) offers you a experience of making coffee by yourself. They're named their coffee shop as coffee lab (They told me that). It was an exciting experience to know how manual brewing process from a-z besides taste a local coffee bean. If you often go to "green overpriced" coffee shop which normally located at the mall, I highly recommend this coffee shop to you. I put myself neither being a coffee snob nor anti-International coffee shop activist but as a idealist college student who enjoy a pleasure from a cup of coffee.
Coffee doesn't ask silly questions. Coffee Understand
My friend, Ivan riandana asked me to go to Ruang seduh after did some business in Yogyakarta. He is an arrogant person who claims his self knowing better about coffee than me hahaha. First of all, I weren't sure because the place is too small to be a nice coffee shop. But all my first thought should paid when I entered the place. I were amazed with the ambience inside. A lot of clean white stuffs and a grinder, which wears vader's mask became my first attraction to this place. Two baristas greeted and asked us nicely about our orders. Because it was my first visit, I asked a lot of things about characteristic from each beans and the method of manual brewing. After theirs explanation, I choosed el savador's bean because it has light acidity and tropcal fruit's taste which recommended for beginner likes me.
[one_half]
[/one_half] [one_half_last]
[/one_half_last]For the process, They taught us using walkure. Walkure is a porcelain pot which made for easy brewing coffee. There's three compartments in walkure. First compartment is the place where you pour hot water then it'll split equally into every edge then fall into through holes . In the second compartment, There has been coffee powder which will mix with hot water. Another function of second compartment is a filtering place before extract coffee goes down to last compartment. The last compartment is like a container before pouring the extract to the glass. The result is good enough, but I still can see coffee grounds there. If you judge me as a common millenial's boy who trying to climb higher social's strata by talking about coffee is up to you. I just wanna write an exciting experience through this blog.[one_half]

[/one_half]
[one_half_last]
[/one_half_last]

The price range is 35k-40k for manual brewing and under 30k for espresso and black coffee (CMIIW). Ruang seduh is not the place where you can chat or do quality time with your friends. This is for someone who looking for the meaning of life or the existence of his/herself through a cup of coffee.
note: All pictures are taken by me except the bottom right. I took it from ruang sendu's IG.
No comments:
Post a Comment